Between Easter and Pentecost we are focusing in on the New Testament book of Revelation for our worship together. Here are some summaries of Pastor Michael’s sermons in the series:
- Entering the Apocalypse – Drawing on Revelation 1, examines how we should read Revelation and what we can expect out of it.
- Why Worship? Why Worship Together? – Focused on Revelation 4-5, explores the liturgical dimension of Revelation and challenges us to think about our collective worship differently.
- The Horrors of the Apocalypse – Scanning through Revelation 6-18, reflects on how we should think about Revelation’s horrific images of present divine judgment.
- The (S)Word-Wielder – Looks at the image of Jesus as divine warrior defeating God’s enemies in Revelation 19, set within the context of “God’s word” as described in Scripture.
- The Lord’s Prayer Fulfilled – Views Revelation 21-22 as the fulfillment of the Lord’s Prayer, with God’s people beatified, all the nations healed, and all creation renewed.