Latest update: November 12, 2020. This page will be updated as needed. Earlier notices: .November 6, 2020; November 1, 2020; September 2, 2020; June 15, 2020; May 30, 2020; March 31, 2020 [updated May 13]; March 17, 2020.
Notice from Morden Mennonite Church Leadership: November 12, 2020
The Chief Provincial Public Health Officer for Manitoba has expanded the restrictions for COVID response level Red, effective for all of Manitoba as of Thursday, November 12. In light of these provincial restrictions, and in the greater interest of safety for the most vulnerable among us as a church, we are implementing the following protocols effective immediately, for as long as these new provincial restrictions are in place:
- The church building is closed to general access. Anyone interacting with other persons in the building is required to wear a mask.
- In-person worship services are suspended. Online services will continue to be available at http://www.mordenmennonitechurch.com under “Blog/Sermons/Services.”
- All other church programs and meetings (Sunday School, Adult Sunday Study, youth groups, care groups, committee meetings) will not take place in person. Leaders will communicate to participants whether and how these groups will continue to operate.
- The Hub is restricted to essential volunteers only, with services accessed by pick-up at the back door. The Koats for Kids and BAG programs are suspended; the food bank program continues as an essential service. All other current precautions will remain in effect.
- All other community programs and meetings, including music lessons and ensembles, will not take place within our church building. Leaders will communicate to participants whether and how these groups will continue to operate. The exceptions to this are essential services for the community, such as the Canadian Blood Services blood donation.
Thank you, everyone, for your grace and patience as we continue to work for the common good, and especially the good of the most vulnerable among us and around us. We are doing the work of Jesus!
These decisions are being made collaboratively by Lisa B. (Church Council Chair) and Michael P. (Lead Pastor), in consultation with Church Council and the Church Ministries Committee as needed. They are monitoring Manitoba Health guidelines on a regular basis, consulting with other local church leaders and church leaders at other Mennonite Church Manitoba churches, and paying attention to how other local groups are responding to this pandemic.
**Contact Health Links at 1-888-315-9257 if you have flu-like symptoms.**
**Check out http://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19 for updates from Manitoba Health.**
**Check out http://www.mordenmennonitechurch.com for updates from the church.**